“Let’s just go where the wind blows us”, I said to my husband Alex when we were first dating. We were just 19 and 20-year-olds, “living it up” in Memphis and laughing about what would really become our truth. Since then, I’d lived in DC and Louisville. He’d lived in Clarksville, TN for a stint while I was back home in Memphis! We did long distance during the period where the wind blew us to the different cities. We stayed true to our notion of going wherever the wind blew us. In retrospect, we couldn’t have planned that we’d make our “Home Sweet Home” in Music City USA. And, I’m glad we didn’t. It’s been a nice surprise for us to start our lives together in Nashville. God has a funny way of letting us know he’s in control.
“We lovvvveeee Nashville”, we say to our friends who arrive in town for weekend getaways. This city has cultivated and changed us! We drag our friends around to the local coffee shops, intimate music venues, the serene walking bridge, the beautiful college campuses, and delightfully original restaurants. Best of all would be the local artisan’s shops you find yourself curiously drifting through for items you will cherish forever. Nashville might be known as Music City, but those tunes inspire a whole other creative hemisphere that helps drive the local pride and fuel the national vibes.
I tell everyone I love this city! It has taken me places I didn’t imagine it would. So, when Visit Music City asked me to participate in their annual holiday campaign, “The Curated Stocking”, I proudly accepted! Here are a few of my favorite items that you can find right here in Nashville. They are produced and sold in the heart of Tennessee. I found my keepsakes right under my nose at the Music City Marketplace. Perhaps, I’m Rudolph or this town just has a hold on me. Without further ado, here goes:
- Sunday Morning Pancake Mix – $12.99
- On the morning after Alex and I got engaged I cooked, New Orleans Beignets. So, when I saw this morning treat, Mrs.Sweet had to grab it to continue a new tradition with a local hue.
- Home Sweet Home Co. Home Sweet Nashville Pillow – $45.00
- As you know, I love being Mrs.Sweet. When Alex and I were dating, I always called him Mr.Sweet. He was like my Mr.Big on Sex and the City. Except, he was way SWEETER! This pillow was fitting of my love for him – cuddling and cute!
- Yellow Daisy Designs Large Reclaimed Wood Wall Hanging in Nashville – $80.00
- Enough said, “We love Nashville. It is where God blew us to start our lives together. Perhaps the angel’s are the ones who blow the wind, and God just gives the direction!”
- Colonel Littleton No. 9 Rule Journal in Black & Brown – $150.00
- I’m a writer by trade. I was born ready to tell stories. In 4th grade, my English teacher gave us the assignment to write a 1-page essay. I wrote 17. She gave me a bad grade. I often wonder what she’d say if she could see me now! Writing is good for my soul. It was worth the bad grade.
- Olive & Sinclair Sea Salt Chocolate Bar – $6.99
- I’ve always had an obsession with chocolate factories. My favorite one resides in New York. When I go to NYC, to visit my sister Valerie June, I always make her walk the Brooklyn Streets with me to sniff the warm chocolate fumes as we approach Mast Brothers Chocolate Factory! So, when I stumbled upon Olive and Sinclair, I fell in love. That is what Mrs.Sweet tends to do. Right?! Folks, there’s no need to run to another city to get your fix! Olive and Sinclair have you covered!
- Paddywax Mercury Prism Holiday Candle in Fa La La – $18.00
- A good candle can change your mood. Paddywax candles have an array of candles for all occasions. The sents are refreshing in their own right. I love that this local company is filling the air with cheer through holiday candles!
- Ceri Hoover Waller Wallet in Cheetah – $110.00
- Cheetah print never goes out of style! I absolutely love it!
To buy my whole stocking, click here. To buy individual items, head on over to the Music City Marketplace. Today is the last day to have items shipped to you by Christmas. However, the store will be open until 3/31/2018. You may use my code JASMINE10 for an extra 10% off of your order!
TO VISIT THE ONLINE STORE:
- The Curated Stocking page on the Music City Marketplace online store
- The Curated Stocking page on the Visit Music City website
My outfit is sponsored by Evereve! Looking for your Holiday party outfit, shop there!
I had the pleasure of joining a host of creative and beautiful Nashville bloggers!
Check them out below! You don’t want to miss their stockings either!
- Natasha Stoneking of Hello! Happiness Blog
- Instagram: @nashvilletash
- Hunter Premo of HunterPremo.com
- Instagram: @hunterpremo
- Ashley Houston (ME!) of Nashville Wifestyles
- Instagram: @nashvillewifestyles
- Chloe Wen of By Chloe Wen
- Instagram: @chloewen
To view more photos: